Dinner and a movie



Dinner and a Movie: Jurassic Park


Artist Statement: 

        In my Dinner and a Movie, I chose the movie, Jurassic Park. I wanted to show nature vs science table setting. I used a box to store my dinner setting inside. It was to show control within a chaotic environment as seen a lot in science. I smash two plates, one I placed in the middle and placed some of its shards near it to show control, while the other plate's shards are placed all over the setting showing chaos. The chaos within the setting is to show the wild nature that's shown in Jurassic Park. I placed a clear glass cup within the dirt on the side to represent uncertainty. It is also represented to show how unclear nature vs science was to the characters in Jurassic Park. The warning tape is to represent when science goes wrong and it causes a disturbance in nature or danger to humans. I used red string lights to represent two things. I wanted to represent the predators in Jurassic Park, so I thought about how predators are shown to have red eyes when hunting for their prey. It also represents the red warning lights used in science, the flashing of the redness makes people aware that something bad has happened and need to take precaution or to get away from that area. I got that inspiration by only looking at an electric power transmission. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog