Nature sculptures

 


























Artist Statement: 

        The first sculpture I made was the three-legged one in which I first used wire, then I cover it in tape, paper mache it, spread white and black ink to create a marble effect, and wrapped twine to create texture. The second sculpture I made was the three circled one that has a hollow/ ring within the middle ball. I used wires, tape, paper mache, and I customized each circle/ball different by creating different marble effect in each. The third sculpture I made was the paper clay one. I was inspired to create a flower edge into a rock material. I used wires to construct the shape, I place the paper clay onto the wires, and within each little tiny crack, I spread ink within. For the fourth sculpture, I made I used wood to create a foundation instead of using wire like I did for the other five sculptures I made. I used twine to hold them together and pasted tracing paper on it to dry and hold some areas. I also used a twine fishing nest to add more volume to the piece. For the fifth sculpture, I made a mushroom-like tree stump. I first used wires to build the shape and then paper mache it around the wires to create a form. I then created a marble-like green/ black effect on the top piece while I wrapped white yarn onto the entire bottom. I used black yarn to show control and constraint in the piece. For the last sculpture, I made a circular wire underneath as the foundation, and another circle onto it to support various springs coming out. Within each spring I placed multiple pieces of paper to show the movement inside the sculpture. I placed the same twine fishing nest on top of it. Overall I was happy with how it came out, but I wish I read the directions more carefully. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog