Wrapped Human Body



Wrapped Human Body






Artist statement: 
    
    My Wrapped Human Body is supposed to show the theme of National Identity. I chose this theme because representing my nationality is very important to me. I am from Costa Rica, but I have family in Cuba and in Spain. I also grew up in a very Hispanic household. I used flamenco shawls to show my nationality and cultural background. I had envisioned using the skate park to compliment and contrast the flamenco shawls. I had even drawn out how the flamenco shawls were going to be wrapped on the body before going to the skate park. I placed on flamenco shawl over my model's face showing the cultural significance. In Spain, women wear black veils over their face when going to a catholic church, when dancing flamenco ( but that is mostly placed around the hair instead) or even when getting married. I chose to make the fringes look as most noticeable as possible to show movement.  The image itself shows a storyline, a lonesome figure place in an empty space.

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog